Bastrop Texas Wildfire

The Bastrop County Complex Fire has consumed more than 25,000 acres and destroyed an estimated 476 homes or structures since yesterday, Reuters reports.

The Geomac imagery below shows how tenuous the situation is in and around Bastrop. The red circles in the image represent actively burning fire. Orange represents fire burned over the past 12 hours. You can see active burning up to Lake Bastrop. The fire is burning on all fronts with no obvious anchor point. It is easy to see from the Geomac imagery that the Bastrop Fire has no containment.

Bastrop has a population of over 5,000. Fox News has reported 250 firefighters are working the fire as crews are stretched around the state. Simple math tells us there are not enough fire crews to protect all the structures in Bastrop. This fire will burn as long as there is wind to push it.

Civilians need to heed evacuation orders.

Note too the fire burning West of Bastrop threatening the town of Wyldwood.

Bastrop County Complex Fire

Here is a dramatic video of the fire burning over Highway 21 east of Bastrop. This is the definition of a monster fire.

• Mellissa Polk says:

I have never fought fires but would love to help bring down the flames and with clean up. If anyone knows anything please text me 832-676-0007

• Sandstokes5 says:

Why were there 5 helicopters at TINY Steiner ranch and we had NO help?

• Billmcnamee64 says:

Heading that way to deliver a load in Dallas, Texas and I have my turnout gear in my truck. My Chief has authorized me to bring my gear. Who do I contact near Bastrop area to help with either the wildfires or a station coverage assignment? Text response to (618)-889-0625 Bill

• Toniagodbey says:

The Texas Forest Service 512-321-2467 that’s in Bastrop. The County Sheriffs office is 512-303-1080.

• Panther_badcat says:

Anyone know if this can become a threat to Caldwell , Concerned for my family and want to know how much at risk we are right now

• Janetsonnen says:

wow that was crazy is it close to the zip code of 78612

• Maria says:

Anyone know if the firefighters are getting anything to eat? or any rest time? Am worried about them!! Am trying to get some family members to help me feed these guys risking their lives to help everyone out…please if you have ANY info let me know. Even if i have to take it to a redcross center myself.†

• Kat says:

Im not sure what food they may be getting or not. But I do know my boyfriend just went down this morning from Rogers (he’s volunteer) and his team that he got put with were taking the place of another team.† That was around 1:30 today that he was headed for the fireline. God bless these men and women, and all those that are in the path of this inferno.

• Anonymous says:

Most fire crews carry a couple of days food such as MRI’s. Their commanders have their health and well being on the top of their list and as such feeding and bedding are top considerations. Your thoughts and concern would be appreciated by the guys and gals on the fire line.

• Meissa says:

Can anyone confirm or deny if Pflugerville / Round Rock have had any evacuations today due to the fires?

• Jessica Salinas says:

its horrible watching my hometown go up in flames. truely a disaster.

• Andrea says:

God bless you all.

• Bubblesnfire says:

May God be with you all…….. May God give strength to those who are fighting and wings to those who are fleeing……….

• Anonymous says:

Oh, my!~ Such dramatic video. Monster only begins to describe this one, Mike. A call has gone out for firefighters – retired, whatever – on FB to help this community. It is unbelievable, really.

4 Trackbacks