Firefighters As Politicians in Sprint TV Commercial

How many of you have seen this TV commercial depicting firefighters as politicians?

The ad for Sprint-Nextel cleverly depicts improved government functionality if firefighters ran the show.

When I first saw this TV commercial I was floored by the insight of the creative team. They nailed it.

• Tahira K. says:

This was really creative, actually I Loved this commercial. Firefighters are Awesome!!!

• David says:

I thought re: taxes the comment was “Unchanged or Less”…”One page or less” makes no sense, dammit.

• Anonymous says:

It’s cool to see how we could streamline government. But who is going to pay for all the sevices they voted on. Hint it’s not the firefighters…

• Anonymous says:

“One page or less” means a simplified tax code. Steve Forbes, among others, has proposed scrapping the current personal tax code and getting to a flat 21% tax. Taxes could be filed on a postcard — one page.

• Anonymous says:

“one page or less”? What does that even mean?

• Anonymous says:

I agree: I can’t understand what the response to “taxes” is. Someone knows please tell us.

• Anonymous says:

Awesome commercial. I work with firefighters on a daily basis. The commercial is humorous for sure. But, I’m here to tell you there’s plenty of politics in the fire service.

• Anonymous says:

Firefighters response: One page or less, according to this: http://zenoferox.blogspot.com/2008/04/like-house-of-representative-on-fire.html

• Andrew says:

YES! I went on this website because I truly can’t find out what they are saying after “taxes,” they have that guy on who mummbles something like ‘to pay the less,’ I have no idea what they say!!! It drives me crazy. Can someone please verify what they say. Thanks

• Anonymous says:

I’m not a firefighter, and don’t play one on TV, but I “got it”. The ad is intuitive and brilliant. When you’re in a life or death situation with flames licking up your butt, seconds count and nobody has time for political BS. These are working guys who just want to do their job and be left alone by the government and excessive legislation that overcomplicates things. I grew up in NYC and this commercial captures inner-city first responders better than anything I’ve ever seen.Bravo, and endless thanks to the men and women that run into burning buildings when “normal” people run out!

• Anonymous says:

I can’t tell what they say after “taxes” toward the beginning of the commercial. Anyone know?

• Badcommercial says:

I’m not a firefighter and thought this was one of the worst commercials I’ve ever seen. It makes sense if you think it through, but guess what…most people who aren’t firefighters of public service won’t think it through and won’t get it. Terrible Terrible Terrible.

• HB says:

This ad is too good. “Awful lot of paper to say we need clean water” has me splitting my sides. Does anybody know if these guys are actors or real firefighters?

background image Blogger Img