The way this potentially disastrous incident was doused should act as a case study in wildland firefighting. CDF/Cal Fire and responding agencies at their best!
From CDF / Cal Fire
* Last Updated: September 20, 2007 7:00 am
* Date/Time Started: September 14, 2007 1:51 pm
* Administrative Unit: San Bernandino National Forest
* County: San Bernandino County
* Location: Northwest of Big Bear/Fawnskin
* Acres Burned:
* Containment 93% contained – 14,039 acres
* Full containment expected September 20.
* North of Big Bear
* Phone Numbers (909) 383-5688 (Butler #2 Fire Information)